How to crack Gate exam? Gate exam syllabus for ESC, CSE, mechanical and all departments. Get the gate exam eligibility and previous year papers. Here you can also visit for gate cutoff for IIT and other prestigious institutions.
Why GATE Exam is Importatnt?
Full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is a national level exam of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Arts, Commerce, and Science.
IISc Bangalore together with the top 7 IITs (Bombay, Madras, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Guwahati, and Roorkee) took
responsibility to conduct this prestigious national level exam.
GATE Syllabus for CSE and other branch [Download]
Below we have provided PDF format for gate exam syllabus and previous year paper. As we already know, there is an enormous number of engineering colleges in India. They have different syllabus and pattern of examination. To avoid discrimination there was a requirement of a common graduate-level engineering examination for the students for participating in various prestigious colleges of India and abroad for further education and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) companies for placements.
GATE came into existence in 1983 and successfully conducting the exam every year. GATE is conducted by the joint effort of the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology- Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai, and Mumbai on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)– GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (Voice note MHRD), Government of India. Candidates can download PDF Syllabus for Gate exam syllabus and keep on their table top so that they can prepare effecively for the exam.
Government jobs for Computer Science Engineers with Gate and other branches
There are lots of job benifits and job opportunties for GATE quallified students. Below we have given you all benifits for the Gate exam.
Different benefits of the M.Tech program are:
Some direct advantages for Gate exam
- Better job opportunities
- Higher pay packages
- Subject specialization
- High-rank job opportunities
Ph.D. Entrance by GATE
Recruitment for the Ph.D. program involves a valid GATE score and then facing an interview.
Benefits of the Ph.D. program
- Opportunity for Assistant professor job at IITs and IIITs.
- Research opportunities abroad
Stipend during the course
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) by GATE
Some of the PSU Companies and research organizations that use the GATE exam results for providing jobs like DRDO, ONGC, NTPC, BSNL, GAIL, HPCL, PGCIL, BHEL, HPCL, NHPC, BARC, etc.
The recruitment procedure for PSU includes a valid GATE score (75% to 85% weightage) together with Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
Benefits of PSU jobs:
- High profile job
- High package
- Support for higher education Good Allowances
Fellowship programs in IIMs:
Advantages of this fellowship program:
A monthly stipend of Rs. 35,000 to 40,000 per month along with Rs. 1,00,000 to 2,00,000 for completing the courses.
- No tuition fee for the entire course
- Extra leaving allowance provided to married students.
Gate Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Students who are currently studying in 3rd year or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or completed 2nd year. (10+2+2 or 10+3+1succefully completed )
- Students who have completed
Engineering / Science / Technology /Arts / Commerce /Architecture etc.
- Master’s degree final year students are also eligible.
Gate Exam Pattern 2021
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay becomes the Organising Institute for GATE 2021.
GATE 2021 will be conducted for 27 Subjects. Now Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Sciences (XH) are introduced in GATE-2021for for the engagement of more students.
Some of the changes have been done due to the covid-19 pandemic. It will take 6 days to complete. The examination will be taken two-shift each day.GATE 2021 examination will be complete over six days and twelve sessions on the 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, and 14th of February 2021.
Total Number of Questions in Paper:65
Number of Sections
- Section 1 – General Aptitude
- Section 2 – Mathematics and Electrical Engineering
- General Aptitude -15%(10 questions: 15 marks )
- Mathematics – 15%(10 questions: 15 marks)
- Electrical Engineering – 70%(45 questions: 70 marks)
Pattern of Questions
- Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) with the single correct answer
- Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) with multiple correct answers
- Numerical Type Questions (Integers type answers)
Duration of Exam : 3 Hours
Marking Scheme: Test Paper have questions carrying 1 mark and 2 marks, ⅓ negative mark for an incorrect answer
Gate Exam Syllabus 2021
The whole syllabus is divided into two parts:
i. General aptitude test (GAT)
ii. Engineering Mathematics and Core Questions from constituting Subject.
Gate Previous Year Papers
#[ Previous Years Question Papers,
Answer Keys and syllabus – GATE 2021 ]
List of Courses Through Gate
- Behavioral Sciences
- Finance and Control
- Management Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Public Policy and Management
- Strategic Management
Admission to NITIE Mumbai by GATE
This is a very popular institute, best known for Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Project Management.
[ Note: GATE score will remain valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.]
List of Top Institutes in India Hiring through GATE Score
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)
- Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
- NITIE, Mumbai
- National Institute of Technology (NITs)
- NSIT Delhi
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- BITS, Pilani
- IIIT Hyderabad
- R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore
- VIT, Vellore, etc.
List of Top Institutes in Abroad Hiring through GATE Score
- National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Technical University of Germany, Germany
- Aachen University (Germany)
Programs offered by Abroad Institutes:
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Automotive Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Engineering, Media Informatics, Metallurgical Engineering, Physics, Software Systems Engineering