Matching your steps with the increasing pace of technology is very important. It helps you to keep updated. Now, if we talk about programming languages, then it will be a great loss if we miss “Python”.
Here you can get, best Python Courses to Learn to get job as a Python Developer.
For developing a web application in Python, you might be leveraging a framework, for web development we have flask and Django.
A framework is a code library that helps a developer in building reliable, maintainable, and scalable web applications and makes it easy for them by providing extensions or reusable codes.
Python provides plenty of frameworks such as Flask, Django, Pyramid, and Tornado.
But among these Flask and Django are the commonly used ones, so let’s see in detail about them.
What is Python Flask?
Flask is a web application framework developed by Armin Ronacher. It is a python module that has a small and easy-to-extend core and helps in developing web applications easily.
If you are interested to start with Python, you can invest in this highest rated course on Udemy, with Projects, resources and effective for job prep.
Flask is designed to keep the core the web applications scalable and simple.
It is a WSGI web app framework and has many cool features like URL rooting.
WSGI (Web Server Gateway Interface) is a common interface between web applications and web servers. It is used as a standard for Python web application development.
What are the advantages of Flask?
- Flask is very flexible and easy to use.
- Flask provides you with various functionalities such as template rendering and sessions.
- It is scalable.
- It has simpler development. A good grip over Python and understanding it well, will easily be able to contribute to a flask application.
- With flask, you can easily create multiple servers or Flask applications, each with specific purposes. This helps in increasing efficiency, performance, and testability.
- Flask is easier to use with simple cases and to build a quick prototype.
- With flask, database integration and routing URL is easy.
What are the features of Flask?
- Flask provides integrated support for unit testing.
- It uses a Ninja2 template engine.
- Flask has google app engine compatibility.
- Extensive documentation.
What is Flask (Python) used for?
Flask helps you in building web applications and websites easily and rapidly. You can build a lot of stuff using flask such as blogging platforms, online social networks, an E-commerce system, an online bot, hacker news clone, and many more.
Now, let’s have a look at information about Django…
What is Django?
Django is an open-source python web framework used for clean design, rapid development, securing a website, and it is maintainable.
It is a more high-level and fully featured web framework than all the other frameworks available in the market.
Django framework focuses on helping developers to focus on developing the components needed for applications.
It helps you in building quality web applications and enables you to make the whole development process time-saving and smooth.
What are the advantages of Django?
- Django provides an easy-to-use interface for various activities.
- Django easy to set up and run.
- It is a high-level framework used for rapid web development.
- Allows end-to-end application testing.
- Offers built-in user authentication.
- Django is a python web framework, and you can easily extend your applications to AI, NPL, and Machine Learning (ML) because all of them use python to work.
- It helps you in defining patterns for the URLs for your application.
What are the features of Django?
- Django supports multiple databases, multi-language and multi-characters, and front-end tools such as jQuery and Pyjamas.
- It provides a cross-platform operating system, and pre-defined libraries for graphics, scientific calculations, etc.
- It offers MVC (Model View Controller) Architecture.
What is Django used for?
Django is a web development framework that helps in eliminating repetitive tasks and building quality web applications and websites. It makes it easier to build better web applications quickly with less code.
Python Django Vs Flask
|Flask is created in 2010.||Flask is created in 2005.|
|It supports visual debug.||It does not support visual debug.|
|It offers a diversified working style.||It offers a monolithic working style.|
|It does not offer dynamic HTML pages.||It offers dynamic HTML pages.|
|Flask is an excellent choice if you want a lightweight codebase.||Django is a good choice if you want robust documentation.|
Which one to choose: Flask and Django?
For beginner and doing something small, you should go for Flask. Flask is a micro-framework.
Since it is very flexible so you can use it for large projects too.
If you have already tried micro-frameworks and want to do something more to upgrade yourself, then you can switch to Django. It has huge components and functionality.