If you consider top-tech giants such as Amazon, Google, Uber, Twitter, Apple, and Facebook, they ask multiple system design live problems to candidates during their interview process.
So, I am providing you with a review of one of the most popular and effective courses on System design.
Hence, there is one of the most popular and effective course, available on educative.io called Grokking the System Design Interview to help and prepare the candidates for system design interviews.
Questions based on standard design have become a crucial part of a system design interview.
However, most engineers struggle with or during system design interviews because of the unstructured nature of these interviews and lack of experience in developing large-scale systems.
Grokking the Coding Interview: Reivew 2022
Is Grokking the system design interview worth it?
This course is developed by hiring managers working at top tech companies such as Google, Facebook, Apple, and Microsoft. They have a list of various design problem standards for a different interview with detailed expatiation on all tech and terminologies used in System design interviews.
These questions are repeatedly asked in many interviews, instructor has designed and explained the problem at a basic level till all tech and options are available to design a scalable system and tackle questions that are asked during the flow.
Every example is structured perfectly to cover all requirements and the design of a complete system. Fair assumptions, calculations, and technology have been used to make system more optimal and scalable that is crucial for any SDI interview.
In this course, the step-by-step approach will help you solve each problem, from requirements clarification, system interface definition, back-of-the-envelope estimation, defining a data model, high-level design, component design, and identifying and resolving bottlenecks.
Features of Grokking the System Design Interview Course by Educative.io
- After getting enrolled in this course, the candidate can get unlimited access to all the 370+ courses and paths, along with lifetime access, including all the future updates.
- It gives early access to new courses.
- This course has an intermediate level.
- Total number of lessons: 37
- Total Illustrations: 109
- Estimated study hours to complete the entire course: 20 hours.
- Candidates will also get a certification for successfully completing this course.
- In this course, the explanation of problems is easy and good as API calls and estimation for every system design problem are available.
- The course follows a decent approach to explaining and solving the problems, starting from an extremely basic level.
Benefits of the Grokking the System Design Interview course
- System Design Primer: This course contains an amazing and effective collection of problems based on system design from Educative. Candidates can get a wonderful collection of text-based solutions for design problems that might be asked during the interviews.
- High Scalability: This course can be referred to as the ocean of system design problems, as plenty of problems are available for practice. It explains all the major and core components that are involved in the system.
Why choose Educative.io for Grokking the System Design Interview course
- No set-up required: Since this course is completely on the cloud, the user can start learning immediately after enrolling in this course, instead of fiddling with IDEs and SDKs.
- Hands-on coding environments: You can’t learn anything just by watching others doing the same thing. Coding follows the same rule. Practice as much as you can, so that you can learn with live code environments inside your browser.
- Progress reports: This course contains certain built-in assessments that let the users test their skills and get completion certificates for the same.
- Faster than videos: This course is completely text-based because videos are holding you back, as an average video tutorial is spoken at 150 words per minute, while you, as a reader, can read at 250.
System design interviews provide candidates such as programmers, designers, software engineers, and developers opportunities to prove their expertise in a specific field through their knowledge of applications to solve a real-world problem.